Welcome to Standaleidet - the crown jewel among the Sunnmøre alps! Here you can rent cabins in a fantastic scenery, where fjord and mountain meet in a unique way. A beautiful hiking terrain right outside the door awaits you - summer like winter!
Stay in one of the five high-standard cabins with each 7-8 beds. Experience the wild nature in the middle of the Sunnmøre Alps, close to the spectacular peaks and fishing opportunities by the fjord.
The Sunnmøre alps is a fantastic and unique landscape, where mountain meets fjord with spectacular results. Standaleidet has been described as the crown jewel of the Sunnmøre alps. Amazing hiking / skiing routes right outside the door, both in summer and winter. You don’t have to tour the peaks to get a kick - many of the lower valleys are just as breathtaking. Here you can find hiking possibilities for both young and old for varying levels of experience. Most of the peaks can be reached without the need for ropes, but there is also a rich array of challenges for experienced climbers.
Fishing is readily available, either in the fresh mountain waters, or down in the fjord. Bondalselva and Ørstaelva are rated amongst some of the best salmon rivers in the north west. It is only a 5 minutes drive down to the fjord where motorboats of various sizes are available to rent. Ørsta town centre is only 20 mins drive through the valley.
By car from Ålesund:
- Take the E39 towards Bergen / Ørsta / Solavåg
- Ferry Solavåg - Festøy
- When leaving the ferry turn left - most of the cars will turn right to Ørsta... do not follow them!
- Drive for about 15km on this scenic road along the fjord to Standal
- At Standal the road turns away from the fjord and heads into the mountains. After 4,5 km you are at Standaleidet.
By car from Ørsta:
- Take the E655 towards Sæbø
- Turn left after crossing a bridge, follow the sign “Follestaddalen”
- Turn right just before you come to another bridge where there is a sign to Standal. Follow this
- On the way, you will pass by some very scenic areas. At the highest point on this road Standalhytta (Standal Ski Lodge) and Standaleidet Cabin Complex is located
- If you follow the road another 4,5 km you reach the fjord. You are at Standal